4356 Communications Dr
Norcross, GA 30093
ASAP 2020 Series Basic Operator Training
This course introduces students to the components, operation, and theory of the ASAP 2020 Physisorption & Chemisorption for surface area, porosity analysis, and active site characterization.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to properly weigh the sample tube with and without sample, determine the sample amount required, properly load a sample into a sample tube, determine required degas time and temperature, and introduce the sample to the instrument .
- Understand the basic fundamentals of physisorption and basic operation of a volumetric analysis system.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of chemisorption and the basic operation of a static analysis system.
- Be able to use the computer and operational software to perform an analysis on a reference material.
- Be able to properly configure any report format, a combination of reports, and obtain analysis information according to your laboratory requirements.
- Be able to make all user level repairs, adjustments and checks, and locate equipment problems using the Troubleshooting section of the Operator’s manual.
NEEDS AND RESOURCES
To successfully complete this course, you must:
- Have some minimal exposure to an ASAP 2020 in a laboratory environment.
- Have reviewed the Operator’s manual.
The following provided materials will help you successfully complete this course:
- Operator Training Study Guide with Lecture Presentations
- Micromeritics Thumb Drive
Additional Print Resources
The following publications will also be provided:
- Webb, Paul A. and Clyde Orr. Analytical Methods in Fine Particle Technology. Norcross, Georgia,
U.S.A.: Micromeritics Instrument Corporation, 1997.
- Related Application Notes and Technical Tips.