Gemini VII Operator Training
This course introduces students to the components, operation, and theory of the Gemini
VII for surface area and porosity analysis.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to identify and power up the system, including installation of the operating
- Be able to properly weigh the sample tube with and without sample, determine sample
amount required, properly load a sample into a sample tube, determine required degas
time and temperature, prepare the sample using the FlowPrep and/or VacPrep degas
system, and introduce the sample preparation to the Gemini.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of physisorption and basic operation of a volumetric
- Be able to use the computer and operational software to perform an analysis on a
- Be able to properly configure any report format, a combination of reports, and obtain
analysis information according to your laboratory requirements.
- Be able to make all user level repairs, adjustments and checks, and locate equipment
problems using the Troubleshooting section of the Operator’s manual.
NEEDS AND RESOURCES:
To successfully complete this course, you must:
- Have some minimal exposure to a Gemini in a laboratory environment.
- Have reviewed the Operator’s manual.
The following provided materials will help you successfully complete this course:
- Operator Training Study Guide with Lecture Presentations
- Micromeritics Thumb Drive
Additional Print Resources
The following publications will also be provided:
- Webb, Paul A. and Clyde Orr. Analytical Methods in Fine Particle Technology. Norcross, Georgia,
U.S.A.: Micromeritics Instrument Corporation, 1997.
- Related Application Notes and Technical Tips.