4356 Communications Dr
Norcross, GA 30093
AutoPore Series Basic Operator Training
This course introduces students to the components, operation, and theory of the AutoPore for Mercury Porosimetry.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to identify and power up the system, including installation of the operating
- Understand the basic fundamentals of mercury porosimetry.
- Understand how to safely handle mercury with the instrument.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of AutoPore operation and be able to properly
analyze a sample of reference material.
- Understand how to use the operating software with a PC in order to operate the
- Be able to properly configure any report format, a combination of reports, and
obtain analysis information according to your laboratory requirements.
- Be able to perform all user-level maintenance, and locate equipment problems
using the Troubleshooting section of the Operator’s manual.
NEEDS AND RESOURCES:
To successfully complete this course, you must:
- Have some minimal exposure to an AutoPore in a laboratory environment.
- Have reviewed the Operator’s manual.
The following provided materials will help you successfully complete this course:
- Operator Training Study Guide with Lecture Presentations
- Micromeritics Thumb Drive containing presentations, relevant application notes and Study Guide
Additional Print Resources
The following publications will also be provided:
- Webb, Paul A. and Clyde Orr. Analytical Methods in Fine Particle Technology. Norcross, Georgia,
U.S.A.: Micromeritics Instrument Corporation, 1997.
- Related Application Notes and Technical Tips.